Decarbonizing shipping in line with The Paris agreement: what will it take?
To decarbonize by 2050, the maritime sector must be well underway by 2030, with a share of 5% sustainable fuels and 200 deep-sea vessels running on sustainable fuels. This event will discuss the main challenges, including the supply of green fuels at scale and enabling policy- and regulatory measures.
Event time: 10:00 - 11:30 (GMT)
Katharine Palmer, Climate Champion for Shipping
- Executive Board Member Wayne Jones OBE and Chief Sales Officer, MAN Energy Solutions, Morten Bo Christiansen, VP Head of Decarbonisation, Maersk
- Murali Srinivasan, Yara
- Bernhard Stormhyr, VP for Corporate Sustainability, Yara
- Brian Johnson, CEO, UK MCA
- Kentaro Hosomi, Chief Regional Officer, Mitsubishi
- Martin Smith, University of St. Andrews
- Bo Cerup Simonsen, CEO, Mærsk McKinney Møller Center for Zero Carbon Shipping
Online access to all events:
No accreditation to COP26? Don’t worry. All events will be streamed by our media partner, We Don’t Have Time. Follow this event live on their COP26 streaming hub.